Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The State of Mr. Bigglesworth

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This is the new name for my crotch, and I’m not necessarily sure how to feel about it. It may be a bit too “spot on.” Or more “spot off,” if you will.

“But the wax job. How did it go?” you ask.

There was no comedy in it. I did not scream in agony, I did not kick the waxing girl in the face, I did not kick The Boyfriend™ in the balls, and I did not flinging the pot of hot blue wax as a distraction in order to escape my voluntary torture chamber.

I merely sauntered out of there with a smug smile on my face and gave The Boyfriend™ a hug and a kiss (okay, my knees did tremble a bit, but that was from the adrenaline rush dissipating). Three hours later, what little soreness I had was gone. Less than 12 hours later, I was merely pink, rather than raging red.

This is where you think I’m being sarcastic, that I’m building up to some explosion of venomous sarcasm. I’m not. Really. I promise. Stop expecting some vicious spewing about excessive pain and suffering. What kind of person do you think I am? I’ll tell you what kind of person I am: a disappointed one.

So why am I disappointed because I’m not walking bowlegged or cringing every time I take a seat? First off, I can’t garner any pampering and sympathy from The Boyfriend™. Second, I couldn’t tell him, as I’d planned, “You are no longer allowed to complain about anything––anything––ever again.” Third, this is a rite of passage, but it now feels trivialized by the fact that blue wax only sticks to the hair; it doesn’t rip your skin up when the esthetician pulls it off. Damn you, blue wax, for taking away my battle scars! You failed to reinforce an aspect of my femininity: guilt tripping. Is this the exchange we women make for less painful waxing?

“Less painful?”

What? Did you think it wasn’t painful at all? Hell no, I bit my lip twice: once when she ripped it all off my Mound of Venus (yes, I did find out what that was because she told me that part hurts probably the most); and two, when she yanked everything off the left side. Apparently the left side is the worst for most women. Don’t ask why, I don’t know. It’s not like I’m an expert here. Even the waxer didn’t know. However, that area between my buttocks? Barely hurt. Now boys, this does not mean that area can take a lot of, mm, impact. Do not take this to your girlfriends and say, “Well, apparently waxing there doesn’t hurt, so why don’t we…?” Don’t be a douche. Seriously, do not be a douche.

So it’s left me as smooth as when I was Lolita’s age (wow, even my stomach quivered at that simile). It’s startled me a few times, like when I got ready to shower this morning. Groggily pulling my pajamas off to get into the shower, I saw a distinct lack of blond hair in the mirror and jumped. I briefly wondered if that crazy dude who lives in the apartment across the courtyard had drugged me and shaved me in the middle of the night. Then, still a bit sensitive, my high-pressure showerhead spit its needle water onto me. That was lovely.

Tomorrow, the crazy, middle aged, desperate-for-attention Jewish South African. Hm. Now I’m not sure there’s much else to say about him.

1 snarky replies:

Unknown said...

good news!

Post a Comment

 
The Carnivalesque Life of Christie © 2008. Design by Pocket